Saturday, August 13, 2005

2.5 hour clean up.

We've had a rough week in the woods. There's more to come so I'm in dropping a line real fast while my clothes get washed. We had a couple of heat injuries this week (2) and beyond that everyone's spirits are up. The training is pretty good. Very physically challenging for the entire group which is a bonus. It's pretty hot up here. The temps are in the upper 90's but with the humidity it feels like 110/120. So, it's been heat-category 5 (the max limit) all week for us.

Beyond that the soldiers are starting to come together as a team. It's always a real treat to see that happen.

The photos below are from my dad's cell phone. He took them during our going away ceremony.



This shot is of our company forming up for the speech by our Battalion Commander and a couple of Generals.





Yours truely with mom.









Okay, that's it for now, I'm off to check on my laundry, get changed, and get my hind parts back to the woods!

ct

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger buericana said...

Hey Chris glad to see you're back from the woods. I hope you weren't one of the people to got sick from the heat but I guess you have to get used to it. At least it won't be humid over there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home