Sunday, July 24, 2005

Day 1: Jersey Sun

So we took off around 12 am and landed in Jersey around 1 pm. The process was pretty painless... minus having to say good bye to my folks.

I've been up since about 5 am and it looks like I've a boat load of work left to do. Yeah, and here I am blogging. Go fig. So here's a quick recap for interested parties:

  • Got up at 0500.

  • Hit the armory in Atlanta by 0600.

  • 0630 formation, practice farwell ceremony until 8.

  • 0800-0900 farwell ceremony.

  • 0900-1100 family time.

  • 1100-1330 travel to Jersey. (We got 3 meals: Subway, an in flight box meal, and dinner in Jersey!)

  • 1330-Present (2147) meetings, dinner, getting people hooked into a communications net. Blog started.



I managed to find some sweet connectivity in the barracks (wireless!) and installation is...at the risk of sounding like a valley girl...*totally* hooked up. So there should be no excuse for me not doing my own brand of computing while I'm here.

Well, I'm off to conduct more office type work. I'll post sometime on Wednesday. If I manage to get photos from my Dad's cellular phone camera, I'll post them.

Thanks again to Mom, Dad, John, Erica, Joey, Ester, Edric, Neil, Kelly, Josh, etc. for meeting up with me and making my last couple nights in town enjoyable.

That's it for now - signing out,
ct

2 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger buericana said...

Hey Chris! I'm excited to start reading your blog. Hope you're getting settled in New Jersey.

Erica

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger megan said...

Wow--three meals in 2.5 hours. Not bad at all. At least I won't worry that the army is starving you (for now).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home