Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Packing is nearing an end.

Well looks like I'm about 90% done packing! I managed to get my entire collection of worldly possessions stuffed into about 10 plastic tubs (of varying sizes).

I've been flattered a couple times this week by some of my friends - just keep in mind everyone! I'm not out the door...yet!

I've got a couple weeks to burn off. I'm pretty solid on personal entertainment gear for the next 14 months (so I think!), and I really just need to get my hands on a rockin' footlocker. So, I'm searching far and wide for a footlocker that fits my bill of specifications.

Once I winnow my selection down to a couple, I'll post what my final choice will be - might be good to note somewhere for future reference. You never know!

I'm working through a stack of books that I want to take, but judging by the amount of stuff I have in my must take list, I'll have to cut down on my book options. They just take up a lot of space.

I also have to get my duffle bags all packed up.

In other news, my car will be out of the shop this afternoon, which is great because the 3 garbage bags of clothes I'm planning to drop off at the Salvation Army have become a severe road block to my living room.

I've spent the last week running a large loop in Buckhead, sporting my ultra cool WileyX sun glasses.

They fit extremely well and I have almost no trouble with fogging and shifting when I'm moving up and down the hills near Lenox Square Mall.

Considering the "battle-rattle" I'll be wearing (LBE, K-Pot, Body Armor, etc) from time-to-time, I'm sure they'll retain a steady fastening to my skull.

They were a bit hefty in price, because I had to get perscription lenses but, I am still amazed by how well they get the job accomplished.

That's about it for now, the postings shall continue as I move ever closer to my next phase of mobilization.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger megan said...

I talk frequently with my lab's janitor, Jack, who is about the nicest guy I've ever met. He has two sons in the Air Force and one who completely opposes having a military. Anyhow, I told him about having a friend who was being deployed, and he got me a support our troops bracelet. =) Seems appropriate for Independence Day. Now if only I could also find some sort of white "bring the troops home" bracelet, I'd be all set!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home